的 琼和桑福德一世. Weill Neurosciences Building establishes a welcoming new home for patients, researchers and clinicians at UCSF's 使命湾校园. 在七楼, 282,500-square-foot building houses clinics and research centers, as well as laboratory, engineering and computational research space. It opened its doors in July 2021.
This building is designed to foster the partnerships that can fuel medical breakthroughs by bringing world-class researchers and doctors from different neuroscience disciplines together under one roof. It features state-of-the-art equipment and inviting spaces for meetings and collaboration.
Spacious and awash in natural light, the building reflects the bright future UCSF envisions for the field of neurosciences. With the help of new technologies, many mysteries of the human brain are being explained. Experts believe these advances, together with discoveries in related scientific fields, have placed us on the cusp of a neuroscientific revolution.
Patient care at the neurosciences building
病人 find unhurried, expert and compassionate care here, as well as:
- 的 latest diagnostic technologies
- Convenient access to doctor visits, imaging and lab tests, infusion services and a compounding pharmacy in a single location
- A streamlined intake process, with a neurologist reviewing all records before the first visit to make sure every patient gets the right care fast
- A new diagnostic clinic, providing rapid comprehensive testing to diagnose the most baffling neurological symptoms
- An integrated team of doctors, 护士, 神经心理学家, physical therapists and social workers, all focused on neurological health
- A curbside patient pickup/drop-off area and valet parking services
- Design features that accommodate patients with neurological conditions
About the Weill Institute for Neurosciences
的 Weill Institute for Neurosciences, made possible by a gift from philanthropists Joan and Sanford Weill, was established in 2016 with an ambitious goal: to solve some of the most complex challenges of the human brain and relieve suffering from neurological and psychiatric diseases.
的 institute broke down the silos that have historically separated neuroscience disciplines by uniting three UCSF departments – neurology, 神经外科, and psychiatry and behavioral sciences – as well as the Neurosciences Graduate Program and the Institute for Neurodegenerative Diseases. Thanks to the Weill's gift, the institute is able to conduct high-risk, high-reward research and attract some of the brightest minds in neuroscience from around the globe.
的 new neurosciences building will serve as the operational heart of the institute, as well as the UCSF headquarters of Neurohub, a network of neuroscientists from institutions across the United States.